Paralegal (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: June 15, 2021
- Job Category: Other
- Position Type: Full Time
- Desired Experience: 3+ years
- Desired Education:
- Relocation: No
Gateway Sourcing is a recruiting company. Our client, a company within the manufacturing industry, is seeking a qualified and experienced Paralegal, to work directly with the Legal Team and its ancillary reporting functions, Communications, Environmental and Sustainability, or such other functions as may be reporting to the VP and General Counsel, from time to time.
Support Corporate Secretarial Role
- Minute book maintenance, including minute and resolution preparation as well as all required corporate filings
- Coordinate with Tax Group in regard of corporate tax filings
- Maintain Corporate Address for Service, including managing relationship with Corporate Service Providers
Commercial Transaction Support
- As directed by Legal Counsel, including preparation of letters, agreements, due diligence searches and reports
- Preparing closing books
Miscellaneous Litigation Support
- Accepting and triaging materials served on the Division
- Maintaining Department’s Litigation Log
- Attending to miscellaneous garnishment and other summons, including coordinating with Payroll for the processing of garnishments
Legal Department Administration
- Legal file maintenance, including opening new files, attending to file diarization, concluding and arranging destruction of files, and maintaining the document index system
- Maintain legal library, including training materials, policies, and electronic resources
- Maintain trademark and patent logs
- Maintain real estate logs
- Maintain sanctions screening logs
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES
- Manage travel arrangements and travel expense reports, as requested by Department members
- Process invoices
- Manage vendor contracts
- Coordinate departmental print projects and mailings
- Assist in word processing, legal presentation and policy preparation, and similar tasks as may be assigned from time to time
- This position requires paralegal training through an accredited university or college and/or paralegal association or law firm. A bachelor’s degree is preferred but is not required. Previous law firm or in-house corporate legal department experience of 3-5 years is essential
- Proficient in Office Suite, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer; able to solve practical problems; able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form; able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and government rules and regulations; able to prepare written reports, business correspondence and producedural manuals and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, co-workers and professional advisors.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to trouble shoot and prioritize competing demands are critical to this position.
- Strong inter-personal communication and client-focussed skills are also essential.
- Notary Public designation, or ability to be designated, is desirable
Location: Mobile, AL
Compensation: Undisclosed. This position offers major medical, health benefits and a 401K program, and also includes revenue bonuses. If you are selected for this position, you will be rewarded for your contributions.
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interestApply Now