On Site Desktop / Server Support (Fairhope, AL)
- Job Status: Closed
- Posted On: June 18, 2021
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Desired Experience: 2 Years
- Desired Education:
- Relocation: No
Onsite Desktop / Server Support (Fairhope, AL)
Do you have advanced technical support experience and are you eager to learn, professional, positive, and highly customer focused? Use your desktop support skills and grow your server administration skills in a professional environment which may be 2/3 end user support of applications and email and software upgrade, install, configure, and maybe 1/3 Windows server administration with Active Directory and in a Citrix environment. Customer service type support is key here.
- Manage Service Requests, Incidents, and Problems through a ticketing system.
- Help ensure day-to-day operations of IT Infrastructure. Take responsibility and continue to improve daily.
- Answer inbound service calls as necessary.
- Advanced troubleshooting and administration of Windows-based applications, Operating Systems (Desktop and Server), and Server Roles (AD DS, DHCP, DN, DFS, Print Server, File Server, Terminal Server, etc.).
- Administer and troubleshoot Citrix Servers.
- Administer and troubleshoot VMware.
- Administer and troubleshoot database technologies/software.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of WiFi/network.
- Lead periodic technical meetings.
- Provide coaching and feedback to junior staff.
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Experience in a job supporting Windows desktops and/or servers, with Active Directory, VMWare, and Citrix
- Proficient in written and oral communication (English)
- Professional demeanor for a business casual environment.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications
- 2 yrs. of relevant work experience providing customer facing support or support in a Call Center environment
- 2 yrs. of working experience in a clinical medical environment and or understanding of medical workflows
- Allscripts PM & EHR
- Basic networking familiarity
- Excellent Customer Service skills
Some experience in the following is preferred:
- Networking/switching/server hardware
- A+, Network+ Certifications
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Terminal Servers
- Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop
The Compensation: Commensurate with experience, this permanent position includes full benefits and matching 401K program.
** No remote work and must be U.S. permanent resident or green card holder. **
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interest.Apply Now