Senior Accountant – Mobile, AL
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: September 23, 2023
- Job Category: Finance and Accounting
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Mobile. AL
- Desired Experience: 2 years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior accountant with an accounting degree and preferably on a CPA track.
Hit the ground running with a small tax firm of five people, who value quality of life, even during tax season. Our client is located in west Mobile, AL market providing a variety of services to a diverse client base. Those services include personal and corporate tax returns, small business bookkeeping and client advisory services.
What’s different about this firm?
How about Sundays off during tax season and flexibility with your personal schedule. If you have appointments to make or family responsibilities to tend to; we offer flexibility with the expectation that you make up the hours. A key element that differentiates this firm from others is a meaningful work/life balance, even during busy tax seasons.
Work with tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, and not much audit.
Good benefits–health insurance paid 100% of single rate, and offer vision, dental, life insurance, PTO, 11 paid holidays, and annual reviews.
The partners and group are solid, successful, and a good team with which to work.
- Prepare tax returns for all entity types, to be reviewed by supervisor
- Assist with bookkeeping functions for small business clients, including preparing bank reconciliations and providing adjusting journal entries
- Perform review and compilation engagements
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
What is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a 4-year accredited university
- Minimum 1 year of public accounting or other tax returns for business experience; 2 or more years preferred
- Tax software such as UltraTax and other industry software; familiarity with current tax laws and GAAP.
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- CPA, or CPA candidate with plans for completing requirements for licensure
The Location: The position will be located at their offices in west Mobile, Alabama. This is not a remote position. In order to develop as an individual and a team, it’s important to work as a team. There may be some remote opportunities in the future, but as a new employee, expect to be onsite.
Travel: Local travel within Mobile County in own vehicle may be required. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Compensation: Position salary $55K+ and commensurate with experience. The company also provides major medical health benefits (100% for the employee single coverage), vision, and dental. Paid time off (begins accruing with first pay period). Continuing education will be provided as suitable courses are available.
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interest.Apply Now