Senior Network Engineer (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Filled
- Posted On: November 12, 2020
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 5 years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
Gateway Sourcing is assisting in a search for an onsite and permanent/full-time Network Engineer. The Network Engineer will be responsible to design, implement, maintain, and support a growing multisite network infrastructure. Be part of an excellent systems engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs. This includes deploying network infrastructures and establishing connectivity on short notice to multi-state sites.
How you will assist this company:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS (Please do not apply if you do not already have most of these skills and have used them in a corporate enterprise environment.)
- 5+ years of proven hands-on network engineering experience.
- Strong background (CCNP level) in both Cisco and Aruba Networks routing and switching. Aruba ClearPass, Mobility Master, Air Wave, and preferably also SD-WAN solution experience.
- Advanced understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Understand the fundamentals of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Solid experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, including: NAT, Access lists, and VPN.
- Solid understanding of WiFi principles – experience with Aruba a plus.
- Multi-state network experience with multiple internet connections and redundancy therein is highly preferred.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline preferred
- CCNP ACCA, ACMA, & ACSA certifications welcome and could also be a competitive edge.
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.Apply Now