Director of Corporate Communications (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: December 10, 2020
- Job Category: Marketing
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 5+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: No
The Communications & Community Relations Director will perform all of the internal and external communications activities as well as the community relations function.
This position will report directly to the Vice President, Human Resources. There are no permanent direct reports to this position. However, the Director supports community enhancement with an annual internship program. The function also manages external third-party agency relationships with firms retained regularly to support communications activities and special projects.
The Communications Director will
- Act as the primary contact person for internal and external communications. Manage and perform day-to-day tactical communications work, such as drafting and distributing press releases, responding to press inquiries, creating and sending internal emails, posting social media content, and developing newsletters, intranet postings, digital signage, videos, print collateral and more.
- Coordinate with Americas’ senior management team to develop internal and external messaging that is consistent with Group Communications objectives and activities. This includes developing and maintaining a communications plan, administering and coordinating quarterly employee meetings, developing internal and external executive messages, leading and managing annual leadership meetings and more.
- Coordinate with individuals at the Americas’ facilities, as well as community representatives, to manage the message in response to public relations, employee communications, and other industry, market and community-related issues.
- Work with Government Affairs, HR and senior management to build relationships with strategic state and local political stakeholders, as well as community stakeholders.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key reporters and local media to develop media opportunities.
- Assist in the administration of external communications (conferences, speeches, conventions, etc.).
- Serve as primary spokesperson and provide media training for additional spokespeople.
- Assist Group Communications with global initiatives, press releases and shareholder disclosure documents such as annual and quarterly reports, including developing content and reviewing translated material.
- Coordinate with Group Communications and Investor Relations to arrange analyst, media and other stakeholder meetings, as well as assist in the management of presentations such as capital market days.
- Support other business functions in the development, facilitation and monitoring of communications needs, and in particular activities that advance business objectives and messaging to key stakeholders in the Americas division.
- Enhance company’s reputation in the industry and marketplace by seeking opportunities for awards and recognition for the organization and key leaders.
- Manage crisis communications and develop strategic communication plans for major organizational changes.
- Participate and represent the company in the community for charity events, business consortiums and more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or Marketing or least 5-7 years of experience in a similar position, preferably with a North American manufacturing firm.
- Broad knowledge of communications planning and ability to use strategic communications skills (especially the ability to write well) to manage dynamic and complex issues.
- Excellent understanding of the media and ability to execute media relations activity.
- Developed business media contacts preferred.
- Strong Communication Skills – both Oral and Written. Complete fluency in English. Communication skills in Spanish, French and/or Portuguese is a plus.
- Ability to work within a matrixed organization and maintain strong interpersonal relationships
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information
- Excellent writing, proofreading and copy-editing
- Knowledge of AP Style or familiarity with adherence to style guides
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Experience with PR/social media management, monitoring and measurement tools preferred
- Familiarity with basic graphic design strongly preferred
Location: Mobile, AL
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers bonus opportunity, full medical and dental benefits along with a 401k matching program.
If you are qualified and interested, please forward your resume and cover letter.Apply Now