Solutions Engineer – Cloud Services (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: December 10, 2020
- Job Category: Engineering, Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 5 years
- Desired Education:
- Travel: 25% regional
Our client is looking for a Solutions Engineer who is a subject matter expert for managed & cloud services (M&CS). The role of the Solutions Engineer is to work closely with our sales force and clients to evaluate and further identify sales opportunities to grow revenue. This resource will function as a liaison between the sales and service delivery teams (Implementation and Client Services) through a complete understanding of the company’s product offerings.
- Attend qualified sales and partner calls as needed. This will provide the various sales personnel a resource to answer technical concerns, further identifying and qualifying opportunities and shortening sales cycles.
- Assist sales personnel in presenting the value of available business services educating prospects on M&CS offerings including evaluations, demos, and presentations.
- Understand and set proper customer expectations for service delivery.
- Assist in gathering technical data including site surveys/diagrams and work with engineering staff and sales personnel to produce accurate quotes and service orders to ensure that the technical needs of the service are met and covered by rates to be quoted.
- Maintain familiarity with compliance standards such as PCI, SSAE 16, and HIPAA.
- Assist implementations and project management teams by presenting all relevant data for implementation of managed & cloud services by further detailing the end result of an implementation of services. Summarize the present state of the customer and how the proposed solution meets the customers needs.
- Assist sales personnel in maintaining customer satisfaction by helping to manage time-lines and communicate progress to the client.
- Actively participate with sales personnel in post-sales activities, such as customer training, and continually update customer on new service offerings and pricing.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospects and existing customers.
- Formulate, define, and execute managed services sales strategy with sales personnel as it pertains to customer business and technical drivers.
- Train sales team by developing and presenting technical training on M&CS and positioning.
- Work closely with internal departments to develop future offerings, product direction, and strategy by providing input based on customer discussions and market research.
- Support marketing with activities such as writing use cases and participating in demo-driven presentations.
- Articulate and present on technical concepts to a variety of audiences including end users, IT professionals, and managers.
- A two-year Associates Degree or higher required; technical field of study preferred
- A minimum of two years technical or sales engineering experience and/or IT administration experience required
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel locally is required (Mobile, AL/Pensacola, FL/Montgomery, AL) – estimated < 25% travel
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to be considered for this position
- Technical certifications from VMware, Cisco, Meraki, Veeam, Citrix, Microsoft 365 and Azure, AWS, Zerto and other related industry experts is strongly preferred
COMPENSATION: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers bonus opportunity, full medical and dental benefits along with a 401k matching program.
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.Apply Now