Electrical Automation Engineer (North Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: November 12, 2020
- Job Category: Engineering
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: North Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 10 years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: Yes
Gateway Sourcing is assisting this well established manufacturing facility identify an experienced Electrical Automation Engineer to support their operations. This company is a leader within their industry and invests heavily process and technology. If you are looking for a company in an excellent suburban location with an exceptional culture and the opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry, this would be a great place!
Provide on-site Automation Engineering supporting EAF, LMF, VTD, and Caster to meet the business goals.
- Provide technical leadership in a highly automated production facility
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects to increase productivity, availability, and efficiency
- Lead and participate in root cause failure analysis
- Continuous optimization of process automation systems utilizing process data acquisition systems
- Lead and participate in the commissioning of new equipment
- Improve process automation by leading and supporting electrical improvement projects
- Responsible for planning improvement activities using SAP software
- Support training, coaching, and mentoring for maintenance technicians and operations team members
- Full compliance with both Safety and Environmental standards
- Work in interdisciplinary teams during process improvement activities
- Work with Process Engineers and Mechanical Engineers regarding day-to-day line activities
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001 (current version), IATF 16949 (current version), and ISO 17025 (current version)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Industrial Electricity, or related field required
- 10+ years of experience as an electrical engineer in manufacturing environment
- Strong preference for experience in a steel production facility
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Industrial process automation systems.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) like GE P80i, Siemens S7, Siemens TIA Portal, logi.CAD
- Human Machine Interface Systems
- Process Sequences programmed in PLCs
- Industrial communication systems, like LAN systems, Profibus, Profinet, Canbus
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Knowledge of Open Platform Communications (OPC) and OPC Unified Architecture (OPC-UA)
- Cascade regulation systems, used for gap control, tension control, speed control and other reprocess controls.
- Motor Control utilizing Variable Frequency Drives including regulation via PLC systems
- Demonstrate experience regarding Low/Medium voltage distribution systems, motor control systems, etc.
- Industrial Safety Systems
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Ability to develop and provide training within the maintenance and operations organization
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Office Environment
- Industrial/mill environment.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment.
Location: North Mobile.
Travel: Occasional. Relo assistance may be available.
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers bonus opportunity, full medical and dental benefits along with a 401k matching program.
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.Apply Now