Mechanical Engineer (North Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: November 12, 2020
- Job Category: Engineering
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: North Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 10 years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: Yes
Gateway Sourcing is assisting this well established manufacturing facility identify an experienced Mechanical Engineer to support their operations. This company is a leader within their industry and invests heavily process and technology. If you are looking for a company in an excellent suburban location with an exceptional culture and the opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry, this would be a great place!
- Perform Mechanical Engineering functions for Construction and Maintenance of a new Electric Arc Furnace Melting and Casting Facility.
- Coordinate with 3rd party Engineering and Construction activities.
- Develop and execute Mechanical Equipment Maintenance Program.
- Participate as part of the Project Team on Mechanical Engineering and Construction for the new melt shop. Ensure the new facility is designed for optimal operability and maintenance.
- Quality review of construction activities pertaining to Mechanical Equipment manufacturing and installation.
- Participate as part of the Commissioning Team for the new melt shop
- Development of Equipment Maintenance Program for an Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Metallurgy Furnace, Vacuum Tank Degasser, Caster, Material Handling systems, utilities, and associated supporting equipment.
- Technical support for the project management group, from the feasibility study phase to the coordination of the final acceptance tests, ensuring the technical quality, as well as ensuring the correct technical documentation after commissioning or changes.
- Establish the minimum technical requirements necessary to purchase or modify equipment and/or systems by maintaining technical standards based on national, international or corporate standards, incorporating new technologies whenever necessary.
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Prepares and presents reports and findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Observes safety, review accident/incident reports and assist in investigations as required
- Leads, supports, participates in, and develops improvement programs and project groups
- Supports management in optimizing quality, cost, reliability, and performance of equipment
- Coordinates and directs personnel as required
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001 (current version), IATF 16949 (current version), and ISO 17025 (current version)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- 10+ years of experience as an electrical engineer in manufacturing environment
- Strong preference for experience in a steel production facility
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- EAF, LMF, VTD, and Caster Maintenance knowledge
- Hydraulic Systems
- Vacuum Systems
- Material Handling
- Emissions Control Systems; Bag Houses
- Reliability Engineering Practices
- Predictive Maintenance including vibration, infrared, ultrasound, etc
- Steel processing knowledge
- Excellent communications skills working with both professionals, operations/maintenance personnel, and construction trades
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- SAP Plant Maintenance experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Office Environment
- Industrial/mill environment.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment.
Location: North Mobile.
Travel: Occasional. Relo assistance may be available.
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers bonus opportunity, full medical and dental benefits along with a 401k matching program.
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.Apply Now