Project Engineer – Pasadena, TX
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: February 9, 2023
- Job Category: Engineering
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Pasadena, TX
- Desired Experience: 5+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
Gateway Sourcing is a professional recruiting and staffing company. We have a client within the chemicals industry looking to hire a Project Engineer. The position is located near Pasadena, Texas. Applicants must have at least 5 years experience as a project engineer at a chemical or industrial site.
Our client is a well-established chemical company with facilities throughout the world.
This position is responsible for supporting the facility in all project aspects of the site; to meet goals safely and effectively in accordance with company policies and all environmental regulations. This role functions as a project engineer and project manager, responsible for the technical aspects as well as project execution.
- Maintain safety as the highest priority and adhere to, as well as promote, the Life Saving Rules.
- Understand and promote the company’s safety principles
- Assist in meeting regulatory requirements assigned to the facility including EPA/Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), OSHA, and DOT regulations.
- Complete Management of Change for projects, ensure hazards are assessed and training and Pre Startup Safety Reviews are conducted.
- Support future process modifications and expansions.
- Interface with all levels of management, maintenance and operations personnel.
- Assist in the implementation to achieve and keep up with Project Schedule Maintenance.
- Review and approve as appropriate all detailed project engineering deliverables.
- Write reports to document project progress and to identify problems with the project.
- Set up and participate in inspection activities and equipment testing.
- Follow up project implementation progress and contingency run down.
- Coordinate safety walk downs and all punch list activities for projects.
- Assist in developing the site CapEx plan and prepare cost analysis for potential projects.
- Verify that detailed engineering is done in accordance with all documents, plans, specifications, descriptions, and procedures during all stages of the project.
- Assist in procurement and construction activities.
- Participate in development and implementation of pre-commissioning and commissioning plan.
- Organize close out of projects with all plant departments.
- BS Engineering Degree – prefer Electrical Engineer or experience with electrical infrastructure projects
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in plant/project roles
- Able to work to propose solutions with minimal guidance
- Problem solving
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal
- Budgeting and cost control
- SAP and CAD experience are a plus
- Only U.S Citizens and Green Card candidates can be considered
LOCATION: This position is based near Pasadena, TX
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience and bonus eligible. This is a full-time, permanent position and includes full benefits.
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interestApply Now