Controller – Plano, TX
- Job Status: Filled
- Posted On: February 10, 2023
- Job Category: Finance and Accounting
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Plano, TX
- Desired Experience: 3+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Minimal
- Relocation: No
This is an exciting opportunity for an assistant controller to elevate to a Controller position. The company, based in Plano, TX, is well established and recently invested in Oracle Cloud solutions for their ERP system. The company is also energized with new leadership and an aggressive acquisition strategy that will grow exponentially in a few short years.
Our client wants someone with Oracle Financial Cloud experience; great energy; willing to dig into the data to generate meaningful reports; and a hands on manager mentoring 5 support staff in the accounting department
Summary: This position, reporting to the CFO, guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures. They will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating day-to-day accounting tasks and activities to ensure accurate and timely financials. In addition, they will oversee, continuously review and improve current processes for the accounting operations to include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management and General Accounting. Overall, candidate must be service oriented, collaborative, innovative and responsible.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate annual audit with external audit firm.
- Responsible for cash management – both incoming & outgoing cash as well as cash forecasting.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of financial statements in accordance with GAAP. This will include oversight of the month end close process to include review of financial statements, fluctuation explanations versus budget and prior year, balance sheet reconciliations and distribution to related stakeholders.
- Responsible for risk management program renewals (i.e. property, worker’s comp, general liability, umbrella, auto, etc.).
- Responsible for annual employee performance reviews and establishing individual goals for the accounting group. Continued development of staff.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Assist departments with developing strategies and making decisions with financial impact on the business.
- Enhance, develop, and monitor accounting KPIs.
- Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited university.
- CPA strongly preferred (or working towards) with 3-5 years proven success as an assistant controller/controller.
- Oracle Financial Cloud experience.
- Prior management experience.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software – Oracle cloud or similar.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Deadline driven with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Service oriented, collaborative, innovative and responsible.
Location: Corporate office located in Plano, TX. This is not a remote opportunity. May be occasional national travel to other offices, but not frequent.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and includes bonus structure along with company benefits: Medical and Prescription drug; Dental; Life Insurance; Short-term Disability; Long-term Disability; 401(k) Retirement Plan Account; Paid time off: Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holiday; Flexible Spending Account(s); Employee Assistance & Work/Life Balance; Payroll Deductions for Optional Supplemental Insurance and more!
Come be part of something exciting and rewarding with a succession plan in mind! Please forward your resume and letter of interest.