Cloud Systems Administrator (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Closed
- Posted On: February 28, 2023
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 3+ years
- Desired Education:
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: No
Gateway Sourcing has a client need for an IT Cloud Systems Administrator to work with infrastructure team to develop and support Cloud, Windows, and Unix infrastructure. This team provides technical assistance on windows, cloud-based systems, and resolves operational problems. The professional will also assist in the administration of cloud services and a Windows server environment.
Why work here? Grow and be challenged in a performance and change oriented team environment, with an outstanding team and great benefits; and all the tools that you need to be successful. This enterprise environment utilizes updated technology, and is an environment of continuous improvement.
How can you help?
- Instantiation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of cloud PaaS platforms in cloud providers environment
- Management, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of cloud IaaS providers environments
- Managing backups using Veeam enterprise backup solutions.
- Assisting the DevOps team on an as-needed basis
- Helping secure environments using PKI Certificate Infrastructure.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of servers running Microsoft Server 2016 / 2019 server operating systems in cloud IaaS providers as well as on premises.
- Assisting Level 1 help desk staff with priority issues and help desk tickets as necessary.
- Assist with developing and/or revising written operating procedures.
- Maintain proper records of hardware, software and network configurations using Microsoft Visio and other documentation packages.
- Provide daily and weekly updates regarding outstanding issues and work progress.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Demonstrates the ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude when encountering changes in the workplace. (i.e. Seeks to understand changes; maintains positive attitude when dealing with change; makes appropriate behavioral adjustments when needed.)
- Initiate Action – Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive. (i.e. Respond quickly; take independent action; go above and beyond)
- Experience with instantiation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of cloud PaaS platforms in cloud providers environment.
- Server Administration experience with servers running Microsoft Server 2016 / 2019 server operating systems in cloud IaaS providers as well as on premises.
- Experience with PKI Certificate Infrastructure.
- Experience and proficiency using PowerShell to automate Windows server configuration changes along with automated user management.
- Be familiar with the use and management of Microsoft’s Azure DevOps platform.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Visio, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Must be highly disciplined, self-starter, and leader with the ability to execute on assignments independently, and effectively communicate expectations for all programs/projects being managed.
- Must have good organization, presentation, and exceptional time management skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact with individuals from all levels of the organization.
- Only U.S Citizens and Green Card candidates can be considered
- Preferred certifications are: MCSA / MCES / MCSD Azure; AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or higher
LOCATION: This position is based in Mobile, AL (not a remote position)
COMPENSATION: Salary range is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, permanent position and includes full benefits.
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interestApply Now