Project Manager / Business Analyst (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: April 1, 2023
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 3+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
Gateway Sourcing is assisting in a search for a Project Manager/Software Analyst to document, facilitate, coordinate and manage key IT and Business projects. You must be able to accomplish project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities within a set time requirement. The selected candidate will also have the professional presentation skills to run meetings, and communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary IT, management, and executive teams and users. Also, a quality is emotional maturity in working with a variety of different personalities, some quite direct. If you are a multi-tasker, who can be self-directed in a fast-paced environment, this may be for you!
In this role, you will:
- Work with business stakeholders to understand and document requirements and underlying processes.
- Develop and maintain project management plans for new and ongoing software development efforts. Revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage day-to-day project activities to ensure aggressive progress and high visibility of the development effort.
- Recognize and document business process gaps and propose improvements.
- Minimizes and manages exposure and risks on projects.
- Establishes controls and structure which monitor successful completion of milestones and deliverables.
- Liaise with internal and outsourced development resources, ensuring that work product meets expectations.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers as needed regarding project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors in a timely manner.
- Schedule regular meetings with business and technical resources for status updates, requirements definition, technical design, process changes, and audit reviews.
- Coach and train project team members on software development processes and best practices.
- Advocate the user.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Have accountability and the ability to take initiative and move activities forward with limited direction.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, Visio, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and JIRA.
- PMI Certification.
- Working experience building and delivering software to the enterprise.
- Programming experience a plus.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Must have good understanding of the project management processes and application lifecycle.
- Must have excellent strategic planning and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Must be highly disciplined, self-starter, and leader with the ability to execute on assignments independently, and effectively communicate expectations for all programs/projects being managed.
- Must have good organization, presentation and exceptional time management skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact with individuals from all levels of the organization.
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience
If you are qualified and interested, please forward your letter of interest and resume.Apply Now