Senior Systems Administrator / Network Engineer (Irving, TX)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: October 18, 2022
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Desired Experience: 5+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
Gateway Sourcing is assisting in a search for a Senior Systems Administrator. This is a 40 year old global company with a continued track record of growth. They invest heavily in their IT and systems support to be the best possible partner to their client companies. This role is for a leader and someone who strives for excellence.
The select candidate will have a broad knowledge of hardware, software, implementation and maintenance of computer-based equipment, systems, and applications. They will have experience in system and network administration, systems security, incident analysis, user support and various recovery methods. They will also be expected to propose hardware and software additions and changes; and perform related duties as assigned.
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers.
- Proactively manage and maintain servers.
- Implementing, upgrading, administering, analyzing, and troubleshooting IT infrastructure technologies with Windows Server, VMware, Office 365, Azure, AWS, AD/ and DNS for user and group administration. Linux a plus.
- Administer more than 150 Windows Servers, and Nutanix.
- Administer server virtualization technologies VMware, Server/ESX, HyperV, Acropolis.
- Solid understanding LAN/WAN networking.
- Group Policy design, configuration, and maintenance.
- Knowledge in the design of large or complex application systems.
- Implementing, upgrading, administering, analyzing, and troubleshooting IT infrastructure technologies with Windows Server, Cisco, Aruba, VMware, Office 365, Azure, AWS, and EMC Storage.
- Evaluates, implements, and modifies operating system software parameters and product solutions for optimum performance.
- Identifies integration and other interface requirements for all supported products and platforms
- Serves as a technical escalation point for technicians and customers.
- Troubleshoots hardware, system, and application issues.
- Skill in promptly detecting, analyzing, and resolving computer software and system problems, sometimes with little time or data.
- Ability to manipulate a wide variety of computer resources to take advantage of their full potential.
- Ability to assess and respond appropriately to unexpected or complex software, design, or system errors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant in computer networks, operating systems, and system maintenance.
- Proven ability to provide high level of IT customer service.
- Ability to meet deadlines on self-directed or assigned work.
- Ability to cross train and provide backup support for other IT team members.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green card holder to be considered
Location: Irving, Texas (on site role, not remote)
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers bonus opportunity, full medical and dental benefits along with a 401k matching program
If you are qualified and interested, please forward your resume and cover note.Apply Now