Buyer – Industrial (Daphne, AL)
- Job Status: On Hold
- Posted On: October 31, 2022
- Job Category: Other
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Daphne AL
- Desired Experience: 3+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: No
Gateway Sourcing is assisting in a search for an experienced Buyer with industrial equipment knowledge. This is a full time, 8am-5pm in the office position. The client company is well established over the last 40 years. They have a casual business environment, but are consummate professionals when it comes to their clients.
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Prepares and presents market conditions and merchandise cost reports.
- Strategically identify and implement cost reductions when possible.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials and supplies
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Coordinates removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Four-year accredited bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 3+ years of experience as a Buyer / Procurement professional
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company.
LOCATION: Spanish Fort, AL (not a remote position).
COMPENSATION: This is a full time / permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. Health benefits are very good with BCBS Platinum plan. Vision and dental included. 401(k) eligibility after one year.
If you are qualified and interested, please forward your resume and letter of interest,