Windows Server Administrator – 6 month contract (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: November 1, 2020
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Desired Experience: 2 Years
- Desired Education:
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: No
6+ month Contract (Mobile, AL)
Gateway Sourcing has a client need for a mid to senior level Windows Server Administrator. As Network Administrator, Systems Administrator, Server Administrator, you will work in coordination with a cross-functional team to develop and support cloud, windows and Unix infrastructure. This role provides the team technical assistance on windows and cloud-based systems to resolve operational problems. This person will also assist in the administration of cloud services and Windows server environments.
Responsibilities (you will grow in these skills)
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting servers running Microsoft Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019 server operating systems in cloud IaaS providers as well as on premises including AWS and Azure. Be flexible to learn the style of this company with these technologies and systems.
- Management, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of cloud IaaS providers environments
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of VMWare virtual environments.
- Managing backups using Veeam enterprise backup solutions.
- Assist with developing and/or revising written operating procedures.
- Maintain proper records of hardware, software and network configurations using Microsoft Visio and other documentation packages.
- Provide daily and weekly updates regarding outstanding issues and work progress.
- (POSSIBLE) Installation, configuration and troubleshooting servers running Red Hat RHEL v6 & v7 and CentOS v6 & v7 server operating systems in cloud IaaS providers as well as on premises.
Culture Fit/Soft Skills (important)
Adaptability/Flexibility – Demonstrates the ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude when encountering changes in the workplace. (i.e.: Seeks to understand changes; maintains positive attitude when dealing with change; makes appropriate behavioral adjustments when needed.)
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Senior Windows server administration experience.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, and preferably Visio, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop basic project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Must be a highly disciplined, self-starter, and leader with the ability to execute on assignments independently, and effectively communicate expectations for all programs/projects being managed.
- Must have good organization, presentation and exceptional time management skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact with individuals from all levels of the organization.
It is preferred (but not required) that the IT Systems Administrator be certified in one or more of the following:
- MCSA / MCSE / MCITP Windows 2016
- MCSA / MCES / MCSD Azure
- VMware VCP
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Location: Mobile, AL; Travel – Negligible
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.Apply Now