Senior Manufacturing Automation Engineer – Mobile, AL
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: September 11, 2023
- Job Category: Engineering
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Mobile. AL
- Desired Experience: 7+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: Yes
Senior Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Gateway Sourcing is a professional recruiting and staffing company. We have a client within the manufacturing industry looking to hire an Automation Engineer. The successful candidate will have worked on projects that have moved from manual processes to automated processes and will have strong working PLC experience. Someone that looks for areas of inefficiency; applies lean, statistical analysis or other methodologies and techniques to streamline, improve or correct process control. The main offices have been recently renovated incorporating state of the art technology and an attractive location on Mobile Bay. This is truly a workplace that is designed to foster a collaborative work environment in order to bolster creativity from our very talented workforce.
Applicants must have an Engineering degree and at least 5 years of automation experience.
Our client is a well-established company with facilities throughout the world.
- Develop and deploy digital manufacturing technology and agile automation production system solutions into a global manufacturing facility.
- Manage and lead the automation and digitalization efforts for all of manufacturing.
- Train and develop operators, monitor progression, facilitate, and coach employees through special projects.
- Looks for areas of inefficiency; Applies lean, statistical analysis or other methodologies and techniques to streamline, improve or correct process control.
- Troubleshooting – Applies root cause analysis to identify failure or sub-optimal performance causes and determines the appropriate repair or adjustment.
- Equipment Testing – Understands testing requirements; Produces testing procedures; Participates in testing setup and kick-off; Produces or reviews testing reports.
- Anticipates complex internal and external business issues with impact on the organization and can recommend innovative program and/or program solutions.
- Creates financial justifications for new equipment that will increase capacities, reliability and/or quality.
- Resolves technical issues, keeps the manufacturing activities running by addressing urgent and long-term issues.
- Bachelors in Engineering
- 7 years of relevant experience Industrial experience with installation and maintaining PLC’s, VFD’s, HMI’s, instrumentation, plant networks, servers, and related equipment
- Superior computer skills, high level of PLC programming experience and excellent electrical troubleshooting skills
- Desirable experience with Siemens S7, TIA Portal, Allen Bradley SLC & Control Logix.
- Understanding of industrial communication protocols such as Profinet, Ethernet I/P, and Modbus TCP/RTU .
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting ethernet networks.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma preferred
- Experience designing tooling and automation systems.
- Experience using SolidWorks preferred
- Analyze test data and use statistical tools to prove capability of feasibility setups and final production equipment
LOCATION: Position is based in Mobile, AL. This is an onsite position; not remote. Relocation assistance may be considered for exceptional candidate.
Professional development and career opportunities Competitive compensation and benefits Healthy work-life balance Positive work environment with challenging tasks
If you, or someone you know may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interestApply Now