Help Desk Supervisor – Mobile, AL
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: September 11, 2023
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Desired Experience: 5+ years
- Desired Education: Associates
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: No
Gateway Sourcing, a professional recruiting and staffing firm is helping our client to find a Help Desk Supervisor. This is an outstanding ONSITE role with a successful corporation; a performance-oriented IT department; and great people! This role requires hands on experience with management of IT technical support, including software, pc hardware and software, packaged software, and general knowledge of platforms, databases, networks.
As the Help Desk Supervisor, you will supervise the day-to-day operations of the five person Technical Services Department Help Desk. Support and train all help desk agents on effective methods to research, troubleshoot, and deliver solutions. Ensure the highest level of customer service.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all help desk tickets are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor request queue and track key metrics to ensure sufficient staff coverage.
- Responsible for monitoring tickets via ServiceDesk and ensuring SLAs are met.
- Train team on help desk systems, processes, and procedures
- Document procedures and keep solutions up to date.
- Planning and scheduling for IT support staff and during times of high intensity in order to meet service level agreements.
- Responsible for monitoring weekly reports for terminated and released employees including software assignments.
- Coordinating with other departments within the organization to resolve issues.
- Directing the actions of support staff, including providing guidance in handling user inquiries or requests.
- Maintaining records of all customer calls, questions, complaints, and resolutions for future reference
- Review user surveys and customer satisfaction submitted via ticketing system.
- 5+ years corporate experience in an Information Systems/Information Technology customer service and technical support role
- 2+ years experience in a supervisory role with tech support professionals.
- Experience using Windows 10, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of technologies, practices, and trends.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Associates Degree or strong technical support and supervisory experience
- Writing, editing, and documentation skills.
- Ability to work as a team or on individual projects.
- Must be highly disciplined, self-starter, and leader with the ability to execute on assignments independently, and effectively.
- Must have good organization, presentation and exceptional time management skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact with individuals from all levels of the organization.
- Flexible schedule and availability for after-hours support
- You will have six direct reports, including help desk, web, and admin support.
The Location: The position will be located in Mobile, Alabama and reports to the IT Director. No Remote work and no relocation allowance is offered.
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with relative experience. This is a full time permanent position with full benefits.
If your are qualified or know someone interested and qualified; please forward your resume and cover note.Apply Now