PMO Manager – Project Manager (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: June 22, 2021
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Desired Experience: 5 years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Relocation: Yes
PMO PROJECT MANAGER (Mobile, AL)
Gateway Sourcing is assisting in a search for a PMO Project Manager to prioritize, plan, and manage key IT and Business projects. The selected candidate will also have the professional presentation skills to run meetings with upper management, and communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary IT, management, and executive teams and users in managing an overall portfolio of projects. Some of these projects are transformational for the company and very complex. There is also a variety of smaller development and infrastructure projects. The new hire will be outstanding with governance of projects and prioritization with changing business needs. Experience managing a PMO, even a small one, is necessary. Please do not apply if you do not have project management experience with a PMO including management of a portfolio of software development and IT infrastructure projects (both).
- Manage a small PMO with a significant number of dynamic small and large complex IT development and infrastructure projects. Some aspects are very traditional PMO components, and some are not.
- Mentor, manage, and coach project managers in the PMO—you are the one to whom they will escalate issues and challenges.
- Interact and collaborate with business leaders, internal and B2B customers regarding deliverables, managing expectations and helping maintain excellent visibility and image of the project management effort and IT teams within the company.
- Develop and maintain project management plans for new and ongoing software development efforts. Revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Recognize and document business process gaps and propose improvements.
- Minimizes and manages exposure and risks on projects.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project and JIRA.
- Experience managing a PMO and managing and mentoring Project Manager team members.
- Working experience building and delivering software to the enterprise, and with infrastructure projects. Experience with managing the overall company portfolio of IT projects in your recent company.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile Environments, very well versed in SDLC.
- Experience with the operations side- ability to manage the demand and supply equation. Ability to create a great process for intake of projects in a quantitative but importantly also a qualitative way –manage and line up work in a way that meets the business prioritization.
- Transformation management, process improvement/recommendations, and change management experience.
- Vendor onboarding and management experience driving third parties to success.
- Excellent strategic planning and communication skills with multiple projects and priorities.
- BS Degree in a technical or related discipline.
- PMI PMP Certification highly preferred, but there may be flexibility if outstanding relevant experience is there managing project managers in a PMO.
- Visio, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience with a LEAN team highly preferred also
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience
If you are qualified and interested, please forward your resume.Apply Now