Executive Assistant – Bon Secour, AL
- Job Status: Closed
- Posted On: June 27, 2022
- Job Category: Other
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Lower Alabama
- Desired Experience: 5+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: Yes
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – Bon Secour, AL
Gateway Sourcing, a recruiting agency, is assisting this well-established family business to identify an Executive Assistant for the President of the company. This is a wonderful work environment with a team of whom many spend their entire careers.
This is a processing, wholesale and retail operation with a fleet of distribution vehicles serving the southeastern United States. The chosen candidate will work closely with the President to prioritize and execute business functions such as:
- Schedule meetings for and manage the calendar of the President.
- Serve as a point of contact between the President, customers, suppliers, and staff.
- Prepare correspondence, interoffice forms, agendas, certificates, presentations, personnel transactions, and other reports and forms.
- Establish and maintain files.
- May be required to record and transcribe minutes of a confidential nature; and serve as recorder for various meetings preparing recaps for dissemination to staff.
- Coordinate projects.
- Track and submit pricing data, and other various reports. Provide and compile data for budgeting.
- Review incoming mail to determine appropriate distribution and disposition.
- Make decisions on minor administrative matters, interoffice forms, requisitions, and related documents as needed.
- Operate standard office machines (i.e. desktop or laptop computer, calculator, printer, copier, and multiline switchboard).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (publisher, PowerPoint, word, excel, Teams, SharePoint, one drive)
- Familiar with HR responsibilities:
- Maintain and updating job descriptions
- Coordinating interviews,
- Skills tests assessments and,
- Maintaining personnel files
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less. Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on then current workloads and department needs.
Provide assistance to the President in a professional and efficient manner; provide professional assistance to various levels of customers and staff; exhibit sensitivity regarding confidential issues; able to type 40 words per minute without spelling, grammatical or typographical errors; accurately review incoming mail for proper dissemination; prepare payroll and reports in a timely manner; compose correspondence without spelling, grammatical or typographical errors; courteously and efficiently screen calls and direct to appropriate staff or department; excellent organizational skills to accurately coordinate appointments and meetings for the President; efficiently carry out duties as required to meet the goals and objectives of the company.
- High school diploma or GED (bachelors degree preferred)
- (5) years’ experience in fields providing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities and associated with such positions as Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant with increasingly responsible administrative support work.
- Passing score on transcription and typing test may be required
- Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime when required to meet operational needs.
LOCATION: Alabama (southern Baldwin County) – Serene waterfront location. Not a remote opportunity. Relocation assistance may be available.
COMPENSATION: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers Blue Cross Health and Dental Insurance (50% of individual Health and Dental premiums paid by company); S125 Cafeteria Plan, with FSA; Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays; 401(k) Retirement Plan
If you are qualified and interested, please forward your resume and letter of interest: