Direct Tax Accountant (optional locations: Mobile, AL; Birmingham, AL; Jackson, MS)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: January 12, 2022
- Job Category: Finance and Accounting
- Position Type:
- Location: Mobile, AL; Birmingham, AL; Jackson, MS
- Desired Experience: 1+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
Outstanding career opportunity with a well established and growing communications company. Multiple site opportunities of Mobile, AL; Birmingham, AL or Jackson, MS.
This position is involved in all aspects of corporate income tax and benefit plan compliance, including return filings, estimates, extensions, account analysis, reconciliations, and related audit activity. Responsibilities include compiling and analyzing all information needed to prepare consolidated corporate federal and multi-state income tax filings, engaging in team preparation of the financial statement corporate tax provision, working on various tax related projects, performing tax research, and planning analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in accounting
- Excellent organizational, computer and communication skills
- 1-3 years of corporate income tax experience
- Data analytical skills using Microsoft Excel and/or other software
- Knowledge of tax depreciation methods and experience with maintaining assets in related software
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to be considered for this position
- Master of Taxation
- CPA or CPA eligible
Location: Candidate may work onsite from one of 3 locations (Mobile, AL; Birmingham, AL or Jackson, MS) but it is not a remote position.
Travel: Travel is negligible
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and certifications. Additionally the company offers Medical / Dental benefits, 401K, and profit sharing
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interest.Apply Now