IT Business Systems Analyst (North Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: On Hold
- Posted On: February 6, 2020
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: North Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 3+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
Gateway Sourcing is assisting a client in search of a Business Systems IT Analyst to support their industrial company. The Business Systems Analyst will provide custom software development, deployment and support of custom and packaged software solutions, program documentation and support, and systems operating instructions and user guides.
Systems Analysis and Design
- Determine business process needs and systems requirements via interaction with systems owners and client community.
- Conduct user meetings to clarify and develop requirements documents.
- Design and develop programming specifications for business applications through robust investigation and responsiveness to stated requirements.
- Develop best implementation methods for requested changes via current program analysis.
- Support departmental goals of maintaining federal audit compliance through adherence to company systems development lifecycle methodology and IT control procedures.
- Manage priorities and report status of assignments through effective utilization of IT activity tracking system.
Application Software Development, Testing, and Deployment
- Develop and implement custom software applications via various industry-standard development tools and database technologies, to include:
- Microsoft .NET development framework, Visual Studio, TFS
- C#, VB 6, WinForms, Web Forms, ASP.NET, classic ASP, MVC, WCF, Entity Framework, LINQ
- MS SQL Server database design, stored procedures, triggers, views, queries, and SSIS packages
- MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Web application development
- Configure and deploy packaged software solutions in support of business operations.
- Collaborate with teammates to develop, establish, and maintain standards and methodologies for application development and deployment.
- Promote team development via information sharing and ongoing training.
- Maintain technical and professional competency via self-directed education, networking, training, and development.
Application Software Monitoring, Troubleshooting, and Support
- Monitor daily logs and reports in order to ensure proper execution of programs and database processes.
- Manage recovery from data loss from power outages, hardware failures, etc. by ensuring availability of resources and successful daily database dumps and system backups
- Expedite user requests for computer support via ticketing system and support.
- Provide ongoing support for existing client-server and web-based applications.
- Conduct thorough analyses of programming issues and effect resolutions via appropriate debugging techniques and aids.
- Participate in development of queries and reports, and provide ongoing support to systems users.
- Monitor industry trends and provide updates to IT management and teammates of developments and emerging technologies relative to application development tools, methodologies, and database technologies.
- Assist IT Project Manager in generation of project-related documentation, including schedule estimates and project requirements.
- Ensure compliance with project schedules by performing work in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or two-year certificate from a technical institute in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or business administration. Emphasis in computer-related courses is preferred.
- Minimum three years of hands-on experience in structured programming and application design and security, and database administration.
- Professional experience in development of client-server and web-based business applications.
- Professional experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and related development toolsets and .NET development tools and methodologies.
- Professional experience with development and management of Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Professional experience in SDLC, project management methodologies, and software tools.
- Professional experience in business application development and support for manufacturing industries
- Professional experience with maintenance management, procurement, inventory control, time and attendance, security system software, and general back office systems.
- Professional experience in development and support of client-server or web-based user interfaces utilizing the toolsets listed above
Location: North Mobile, AL. Travel is negligible
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers full medical and dental benefits along with a 401k matching program
If you are qualified and interested, please forward your resume and cover letterApply Now